Judit SimonMD (Hons) BA BSc MSc DPhil FFPH
Judit Simon is the Head of the program line Health Economics at the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute Applied Diagnostics.
She is Professor of Health Economics, Head of the Department of Health Economics and Deputy Head of the Center for Public Health at Medical University of Vienna. She also holds a Visiting Professorship of Cognitive Health Economics at the University of Oxford. She is Fellow of the UK Faculty of Public Health through distinction, founding board member of the ISPOR Austria Chapter and sits on the advisory boards of Statistics Austria and the Austrian Public Health Institute.
With her multidisciplinary background in health economics, public health and medicine, her main research expertise include mental health economics, economic evaluation in health and medicine alongside clinical studies/RCTs, clinical guideline development, health services and systems research, outcome/effectiveness research, cost and economic burden studies, and evidence synthesis.
Specific previous and ongoing research projects funded by the ECNP, EU, LBG, MRC, UK NIHR and the WHO lie in the fields of mental health, public health, nutrition, cancer, diabetes, perinatology, personalised medicine, translational research, operationalization of the capability approach for outcome measurement and costing methods for economic evaluation.
On June, 18th 2018, Judit Simon was nominated as Section Editor for Health Economics of the BMJ Journal Evidence-Based Mental Health.
Medical University of Vienna
Coordinator of the Doctoral Programme Public Health
- BL22/23- Publich Health
- SSM2 – The Optimal Screening Programme for Breast Cancer
- MPM 8 – Laboratory practical course (Free elective courses)
- MPM 9 – Part B: Health Economics in Molecular Precision Medicine (Health Economics)
- SE Basic Lectures: Public Health – Series 1
- TS Public Health Individual
- Public Health (A, B and C)
- TS Public Health
- Health Economics and Health Services Research
- Evidenced-based health care evaluation
- Basis Module 1 Health Services
- CeMM PhD Programme – Introduction to health economics and economic evaluation
- ULG Clinical Research: Health economics module
- DHE Short course – Introduction to health economic evaluation and evidence synthesis
University of Oxford